- Prepare parts for this subsystem: Parts Americas, Parts Europe
- Mount limit switches on y-cart.
- Use M2.5x12 screws to mount switches onto aluminum custom parts.
- Use M5x12 screws to mount aluminum custom parts.
- Mount the cable carrier base (angle bracket extrusion)
- with two M5x12 sink screws and six washers (form A M5) each. For this drill two holes into the angle bracket extrusion and countersink sufficiently to prevent cable carrier from catching the mount screws.
- To mount the cable carrier onto the base drill an M3 hole and use a M3x10 screw, nut and two lock washers. Note the cable carrier comes with a small metal clamp piece with the appropriate M3 hole.
- Attach belts.
- Attached to cart with four zip ties.
- With left idler about 20mm away from left end of the extrusion adjust belt tension by sliding idler left.
- Tension of belts should be without visible slack, firm enough to prevent belt from jumping on pulley, but not too firm to put unnecessary stress on mechanism.
- Tension by pulling at the base of the idler screw with the shaft of a thin screw drive. Use about the force you can easily assert with your wrist only.
- IMPORTANT: before using the Lasersaur make sure to fine tune the BELT TENSION by following the steps on the belt tension adjustments page.
- Modified on 1 May 2013 by stefan