- Prepare parts for this subsystem: Parts Americas, Parts Europe
- Assembly y-cart without top rollers.
- Each roller mount is built from an M4x25 screw, two lock nuts, and a large washer.
- The short vertical extrusions are attached with M5x25, the horizontal ones with M5x20 screws.
- Belt attachment screws are 14mm from the extrusion edge.
- Radial distance between roller and extrusion is 3mm, as indicated in the photos below by the temporary plastic chip.
- Adjust the end pieces to fit tightly between the left and right gantry rail. Make sure to test this when the drive system is in place. This assures perpendiculity along the entire y-motion. Adjust outer rails if necessary.
- Finish y-drive and attach belts before mounting top rollers.
- All rollers are fully on the rail, both laterally and radially.
- Most other checks should be done when the drive system is in place.
- Modified on 30 Apr 2013 by stefan